Texas Association of Psychological Associates
Representing All Masters-Degreed Psychology Professionals in Texas
P.O. Box 601374
Dallas, TX 75360
Our Appeal Has Been Filed in the Third Court of Appeals!
The 2012 TSBEP
Rule Book is now available online here
Read the new virtual issue
of Child and Adolescent Mental Health
, "Early Recognition and Assessment"
The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Division of the DSHS
is holding its first statewide poster, writing, and video contest for children/youth to promote Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week
of the month from the University of Chicago Press
The Texas Association of Psychological Associates represents psychology practitioners licensed at the master's level. Licensed Psychological Associates provide a full range of psychological services, including assessment, consultation, and therapy.
Psychological Associates have existed in Texas since the first law regulating psychology was passed over thirty years ago.
• To provide professional development and representation of
Psychological Associates in Texas.
• To provide information to all members on interesting new research
and innovative practices.
• To promote the provision of high quality, culturally sensitive mental
health services to all segments of the population without regard to
socio-economic status and in diverse and non-traditional settings.
• To encourage communication and cooperation among all members of
the mental health community.
• To recognize the skills and expertise of all mental health
• Advocates for your profession
• Keeps you informed on issues important to you
• Encourages communication among practitioners
• Promotes employment for masters-degreed psychological practitioners
• Approves Continuing Education opportunities